Friday, September 10, 2010

1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

I tried to make my best choice of lawyer/attorney based on a couple different things. The first thing was location. They needed to be in the Las Vegas area. Second thing was whether or not they were a patent lawyer/attorney, Patent attorney- prepare and prosecute patent applications represent clients in interference proceedings, and bring and defend patent-related lawsuits in federal court. Nolo, Patent, copyright, & Trademark, pg 100. 






I emailed and called about 13 different offices. I finally made contact with someone from Watson and Rounds. She was a very busy person who had very little time for me or to answer my questions.  She quickly gave me the run around after the first email. But since she was the only one who actually communicated with me, I stuck with her.  But through the emails I got the hint that I was a waste of her time. I acted with the best of manners that I thought of. Saying please and thank you to all of the things i wanted to say to her. Even giving her more time to answer my questions when she really only needed about 15 minutes to answer me.


This person was not a good choice. I made the mistake of relying on this person and she kinda screwed me over. So I guess the lesson here is not to trust a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment